1990 Porsche 944 S2
- Another of my Brother-in-law's cars owned for a while then sold
- In excellent condition despite being 19 years old.
- The 944S2 was introduced in 1989 and powered by a 211 PS
(155 kW; 208 hp) 3.0 litre engine. The 944S2 had the same
nose and a rear valance found on the Turbo model. The S2 was also
available as a cabriolet, a first for the 944 line. About 14,000 944S2s
were built .
- Normally-aspirated 4 cylinder16-valve 3.0 litre engine.
- 2 balance shafts in the engine gave a smooth "6 cylinder feel"
- 0-60 mph in 6.7 seconds
- Top speed of 240 km/h (150 mph)
- Excellent road holding and handling.