1985 Vauxhall Senator 2.5i
- 2.5i In our family for 5 years upto 1999 - it had 160,000 miles
clock with no engine problems, the only trouble I had was the offside
wheel bearing which had to be replaced and was a major job, needing a
of heavy dismantling and a heavy press to get the bearings out and in.
The 2.5 litre motor is a bit underpowered for the large, heavy body and
the auto box. This car is now scrapped due to uneconomical rust repairs
required. An interesting point with these cars is that although they
in general not rust prone, every one that I have seen has had to have
front suspension turrets plated because wet is trapped between the
layers of strengthening panels and they rust out and eventually
- OHV CIH straight six, 2490 cc. iron engine. (1985
- Conventional analogue instruments.
- Thirsty with the auto gearbox.
- Has Electronic digital instrument display panel.
- Big roomy comfortable cars - 16ft. x 6ft. Electric